Traineeship Graduate Certificate
The WBG traineeship certificate is granted to students who have demonstrated mastery of knowledge in WBG power electronics, and preparation for industry or academic positions as a leader in the field. All trainees must complete complete all requirements to receive the graduate traineeship certificate. The certificate program is also open to non-trainee students at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. The certificate requirements are as follows.
removeAt least four courses in WBG Power ElectronicsApplicable courses which may be applied to satisfy this requirement:
- ECE 583: Power Electronics and Drives
- ECE 581: High Frequency Power Electronics
- ECE 582: Power Electronic Circuits
- ECE 686: Solid State Power Semiconductors
- ECE 681/682: Power Electronics Technologies I & II
- ECE 683: Advanced Power Electronics and Drives
- ECE XXX: Seminar in Wide Bandgap
- ECE XXX: WBG Device Characterization and Application
- ECE XXX: Power Electronics Packaging
removeEnrollment in professional development seminarsStudents must enroll in, and attend
- ECE 691: Advanced graduate seminar
removeCompletion of one graduate course in professional development
- IE 405: Engineering Economic Analysis
- IE 518: Advanced Engineering Economic Analysis
- ME 519: Technology Product Development and Entrepreneurship
- GEOL 690: Academic Career Planning for Science & Engineering
removeCompletion of a graduate (MS or PhD) thesis in WBG Power Electronics
In special situations, alternate courses may be used to validate the certificate requirements with permission of the traineeship faculty.
Once you have completed all requirements, fill out the Graduate Certificate Course Verification form to have the certificate added to your transcript.